CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 26, 2012

This and That!

My dad has come home for a month's leave, it has been so lovely to have him home and to spend some time with him.  Since my dad was away for Christmas and we have family friends visiting from Australia we decided to have a 'Christmas lunch' for my dad not all the trimmings but some of them.  I have all of my table decorations that I can still use and my mom was going to make roast pork, I would make deboned stuffed chicken and away we go - any excuse for a Christmas lunch, right?

3 day's after deciding we would do this on Sunday my dad got a call to say that he has been promoted but he needs to leave on Sunday, 3 weeks early! I am very happy that my dad has been promoted but seriously 3 weeks early...

We have decided to cancel the Christmas lunch and have a braai instead, which will be just as much fun.

I have had quite an interesting week, I love it when you can see how challenges in your life make you grow and make you stronger.

A few months ago I had something happen to me and I seriously freaked out, over the last few weeks I have been praying about it and trying to see where I went wrong.  Today the same thing happened and through Gods grace I was fine, I didn't freak out and didn't get annoyed I actually laughed it off and took it from where it came!

Don't you just love it when God moves you forward and you learn and grow and allow Him to build your character.

It has been very hot in Cape Town over the last couple of weeks and I must say that I am loving the sunshine!  We have spent a lot of time in the pool and in the sunshine I have my tan back, yay!

My herb garden has taken a bit of a beating though, the week that I was sick my mint chocolate died! I know, I feel terrible although I didn't really use it much but it is the type of herb that has to be watered everyday and of course because I was sick I didn't so that combined with this heat I know have a brown shriveled mint chocolate bush.  I am not sure whether I am going to replace it or not, maybe with something a little more hardy that doesn't need so much attention. Right now I think I'm in denial though and just trying to ignore the fact that I once again didn't succeed in growing a mint bush!

Till next time!
L

0 comments:

Post a Comment