CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 23, 2011

Getting there!

Everything for Christmas day is slowly starting to come together, finally!

I have finished sewing the little Christmas trees that I am going to be putting on the table, the hems on the table cloths have been pinned I still need to stitch them but I am getting there.

I have decided that I need to stop stressing about everything, I am going to do the things that are essential and the little extras that I wanted to do if I don't get to do them I am going to have to let it go.

I am really being stretched in a lot of areas right now, this being one of them.  I like everything to be perfect and I like to be organised and everything to be ready way in advance when this does not happen I can be very hard on myself about it.  I am learning that I need to let these things go and that I can't beat myself up about it.  They are important to me but everyone else will probably not even notice!

Yesterday, G's aunt who has been making the most exquisite cakes and icing decorations since before I was born came to help me put the marzipan and plastic icing on our Christmas cake.  It was such a special time!  Since my Ouma is not here to teach me the little tricks that you need to do I find it so special that I still have someone that will impart their knowledge to me.

We have agreed that next year she is going to give me lessons on how to make icing decorations, I can't wait!  I was looking at some pictures of the cakes that she has made, they are amazing!  The roses that she makes look like real flowers on the cake, she really does have a talent.

I better get back to the preparations!
Till next time
L

1 comments:

Ginger

I hope you will take pictures of the cake! I want to see!

It sounds like you are doing good and it is all coming together. :)

Post a Comment