CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

In the end I managed to pull off our Christmas lunch, I got everything done and even got to make the little things that I wanted to.

I mosaiced this jewelry box for M, who is 7 years old.  Her favorite colors are pink and purple so I used different shades of pinks for the hearts and the M (including a glitter tile because every girl has to have some bling!) and finished it off with a lilac tile.



I made these Christmas trees to put next to the the centre pieces on the table, my sewing skills are not great but I was still happy with my attempt. I found the tutorial here



I bought cookie jars, took off the lids, tied a ribbon around the top and filled them with baubles to use as centre pieces on the tables. I needed a bigger centre piece for the middle table so I used one of my vases.



The Christmas cake

 


The day of Christmas eve, I worked really hard to get everything done, I managed to finish by 6pm.  I put the leg of lamb in the oven to roast overnight and G and myself went through to my mom's house for the evening.  It was a wonderful evening spent with family and friends. 

Christmas day was lovely, we ate to much and spent the afternoon lazing around and swimming.

Till next time!
L

1 comments:

Ginger

Your mosaics are so beautiful! You really do have quite a talent there. Everything turned out so nicely. It is obvious you spent a great deal of time on your decorations and the food so it would be the perfect party. I'm glad it all came together for you!

PS - I'm SO jealous that you can go swimming on Christmas day!

Post a Comment