CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Grinch!

My Christmas present shopping is done!  I powered through the mall for a solid 4 hours last week and then another 2 hours on Saturday.  I really do not enjoy the malls at this time of the year but I am thankfully done!  Well I have one more gift but that is a voucher so I don't need to brave any malls or queues to buy it!

I have also managed to wrap everything, it is all sitting pretty under our Christmas tree.  Now just to prepare for the 17 people that are going to be here!

I usually LOVE Christmas and I also LOVE entertaining and making crafty things such as decorations.  This year however, I am feeling like a bit of a Grinch!

I don't feel like it's Christmas even after putting up our tree, shopping and wrapping all of the presents.  I don't feel like entertaining 17 people on Christmas day, I don't feel like making all these preparations, I don't feel like being happy and smiling at everyone!

I probably sound like a horrible person but believe me I am not, I am usually a very friendly, bubbly, happy person!

This year however, I just wish that G and I could run away to Bali or somewhere, anywhere for Christmas!  I can't of course because I would most likely have 15 very unhappy people that might be slightly angry with me, but the thought is nice anyway.

I know everything will fall into place and I will go back to being my bubbly self, this is after all mine and G's first Christmas as "Mr & Mrs" but for right now, I'm feeling grumpy...

Till next time!
L "aka, the 2011 Grinch"



2 comments:

Ginger

Don't worry... you are not alone! Stress is not fun and preparing for a party with 15 extra guests can be very stressful... especially when you want things to be just right. I'm sure it will be a wonderful party in spite of all your worrying. :) Maybe you should just lay on your couch and watch Christmas movies one day and nothing else! (That's what I want to do, but don't have time for!)

Really. Don't worry. Your party is going to be great! Just remember it's about the people, not the decorations or even the food. They will love whatever you plan because they will be spending time with you! Good luck and Merry Christmas! :)

Bits of L

Thank you for your kind words Ginger, they really did help! :-)
Hope that you and your family have a woderful Christmas.

Post a Comment