CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 27, 2012

My 31st Birthday

It was my 31st birthday last Friday. Initially I decided that I did not want to do anything for my birthday, G and I would just go out for dinner somewhere special.
Well then my mom had her say and next thing I knew we were going to her house on Friday night for dinner and I had 19 people invited to our place for tea and cake on Saturday afternoon.  This all happened between Wednesday and Thursday evening! So I didn't have much time to plan.

My day started off with G bringing me tea in bed and my pressie.

I booked myself a manicure and pedicure for the afternoon which was absolute bliss!

Friday night was lovely, my mom invited very special family friends to join us. The 5 of us enjoyed a wonderful seafood dinner with lot's of laughs and good conversation. It was a wonderful way to end off my day. I got totally spoilt, my parents have me THREE full body massage vouchers! How awesome is that...

My mom baked me this amazing birthday cake! Vanilla cake, with 4 layer's inside each separated with butter icing and then covered in melted chocolate YUMMY!!!



Saturday morning we spent getting ready for the tea and cake. Thankfully our dining room is big enough to move our dining room table to one corner and set up a table with beverages, so the flow is quite nice and everyone can help themselves and I don't have to spend the day serving everyone.

It was a lovely afternoon and I got spoilt rotten!

My mom got A & M to sing happy birthday to me with sparklers, it was so cute.


Of course, as usual we had enough cake to feed a small army.  There were so many delicious eats, it was quite difficult to choose.


Sunday, my mom and the kids came to our place and we took it very easy.  We had toasted sammie's for lunch and spend the afternoon swimming, it was a lovely afternoon.

All in all, I had a lovely 31st birthday weekend!

Till next time!
L

3 comments:

Ginger

mmmm! Everything looks wonderful! Happy Birthday! 31 is a great age! I hope you have a wonderful year full of good things! :)

Helene

Wow!!! That definitely sounds like a heavenly birthday!!!

Will your mom adopt me? My mom has NEVER made me a cake like that before!!!

Betty Bake

thanks for saying hi on Bettybake.co.za
nice to stop by your blog and see a bit about your world

Betty Bake

Post a Comment