CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Catch Up & Christmas Star Biscuits

Happy 'Belated' New Year!

I have had quite an eventful time since my last post...

I found out that I had to have my appendix taken out and what was supposed to be a quick easy op and recovery turned out to be a bit of a nightmare!  But I am on the mend and getting better and that's all that is important...

We were having 14 people over to our place on Christmas day (which was 2 weeks after my op) so with a lot of help I managed to pull it off.  We had a lovely day with lot's of good company and good food.

Our New Years eve was quiet, we had a few family members over for a lamb knuckle potjie with rosemary dumplings (yummy!)

Since I haven't been able to blog, here are some pics of my December 2010:



Star Biscuits that I baked (see recipe below)

De-Boned stuffed Turkey that I made on Christmas Day

Christmas Table

Sunset on New Years Eve!

Christmas Star Biscuit Recipe:

Makes: 50
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 8 minutes
Oven Temp: 160 degrees celcius

125g (125ml) soft butter
105g (120ml) castor sugar
5ml vanilla essence
1 large egg
280g (500ml) cake flour
30g (50ml) cornflour
5ml baking powder
125g (250ml) icing sugar

1.
Beat the butter and castor sugar until light, then beat in the vanilla essence and the egg.

2.
Sift the cake flour, cornflour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.  Stir into the butter mixture to form a firm dough, then roll into a ball and wrap in clingwrap.  Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes until firm.  Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5mm on a lightly floured surface and use a cookie cutter to cut our stars.

3.
Place on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for eight minutes.

4.
Mix the icing sugar with enough warm water to form a glace icing and use it to ice the individual star biscuits.

Till next time!
L

0 comments:

Post a Comment